Patient Access Online Service
Already registered? - click here to sign in PATIENT ACCESS LOG IN
If you are using a tablet or a smart phone please download the 'Patient Access' app.
To register download this Application Form.
Complete the form and bring it to the surgery with 2 forms of I.D, one photograph and one with proof of residence.
Accepted forms of ID:
- Driving Licence
- Utility Bill
If for some reason you cannot get to the surgery or have no ID please contact reception we can still register you.
NOTE * Your details must be an exact match to those we have on our practice system and unique to you including your mobile telephone number and email address. If your details are not up-to-date on our system then please inform us first.
The practice has the right to deny or remove online access to services for anyone that doesn’t use them responsibly.
Please read this carefully before you register.
What is Patient Access
Patient Access is an on-line service for you to use at home 24/7 to register you must be 16 years or over and need to have the following 3 things
- A personal email address unique to you
- Proof of identity ( if this is not possible speak to us we can still register you)
- A computer, laptop, tablet or smart phone.
Patient Access allows you to manage your appointments, prescriptions and health matters easily and at your convenience from wherever you are. All information is secure. Your personal details are encrypted and protected using the highest standard internet security, so it cannot be intercepted. Only you and the surgery are able to see this information.
Patient Access Explained
This is very helpful for patients who have busy lives and cannot always telephone at 8am to make an appointment or pop into the surgery to order repeat medication.
Any one 16 years or over can register at any time. You will be able to:
- Order repeat prescriptions on the go and see the progress
- Book / cancel appointments - (appointments available on-line mirror those available if you were to phone the surgery)(fresh appointments are released online daily at 8am)
- View your immunisations and allergies
- Send private messages to the surgery (not for prescriptions or complaints)
- Update your contact details
- If you take ill away from home you can show other healthcare workers a list of your medications to help them treat you
- View all coded information in your records for example a diagnosis or problem
- View all filed test results
- View all documents including hospital letters etc.
- If you take ill away from home you can show other healthcare workers a detailed summary to help them treat you
A Doctor must grant access for you to have access, but if for any reason the GP refuses to grant you permission to view any areas, a full explanation will be given or the GP might insist on an appointment to discuss this with you before access is granted.
It will be your responsibility to keep your login details and password safe and secure. It is up to you whether or not you allow someone else maybe a relative or carer to have access to your log in details and medical records. But it is ultimately your responsibility to keep the information safe and secure. If you print out any information from your record, it is also your responsibility to keep this secure. If you are at all worried about keeping printed copies safe, we recommend that you do not make copies at all.
If you think you may be pressured into revealing any details from your medical record against your will, it is best you do not register for this online service at this time.
Problems / Support
If you have any problems with your account please contact the Patient Access on-line support centre first but if your problem persists you can contact us on 01772 214700 to see if we can help.
The practice has the right to remove online access to services for anyone that doesn’t use them responsibly. If this happens you will be given a full explanation. Remember your account is for your use only you cannot make appointments for anyone else.
For more information about keeping your medical records safe and secure, you will find a helpful leaflet produced by the NHS in conjunction with the British Computer Society: Keeping your online health and social care records safe and secure
Click here for more information http://www.patient.co.uk/patient-access.asp
Sharing your records through patient access information leaflet
Click here for frequently asked questions Patient Access Help
If you have any other questions about Patient Access, please contact the surgery.