What is Patient Access
Patient Access is an on-line service for you to use at home 24/7 If you have a computer, laptop, tablet or smart phone.
It allows you to manage your appointments, prescriptions and health matters easily and at your convenience. All information that is sent to us via Patient Access is secure. Your personal details are encrypted and protected using the highest standard internet security, so it cannot be intercepted. Only you and the surgery are able to see this information. It is easy to register and straight forward to use by logging on with a username and password.
Levels of registration
There are two levels of registration for Patient Access Level 1 and Level 2
Any one can register straight away as long as you are over 16 years of age. You will be able to:
- Order repeat prescriptions on the go and see the progress
- Make and cancel appointments - (appointments available on-line mirror those available if you were to phone the surgery)(fresh appointments are released online daily at 8am)
- View your immunisations and allergies (anywhere)
- Send private messages to the surgery (not for prescriptions or complaints)
- Update your contact details
- If you take ill away from home you can show other healthcare workers a list of your medications to help them treat you
This is very helpful for patients who have busy lives and can not always telephone at 8am to make an appointment.
You must have been registered with the surgery for a minimum of 6 months & be at least 16 years old
LEVEL 2 includes the access detailed above plus the access detailed below:
- View all coded information in your records for example a diagnosis or problem
- View all filed test results
- View all documents including hospital letters etc.
- If you take ill away from home you can show other healthcare workers a detailed summary to help them treat you
How to register
Down load an application form here - ONLINE SERVICE APPLICATION FORM Please read this carefully.
Fill the form in completely and bring it with your I.D. which could be a passport or a driving licence and a utility bill into the surgery. (If for some reason you cannot get to the surgery someone else can register for you as long as they have written permission from you)
The receptionist can register you straight away for LEVEL 1. A Doctor must grant access for you to have LEVEL 2 as some information may make you worry needlessly ( see the application form for more detail). If for any reason the GP refuses to grant you permission to view any areas, a full explanation will be given or the GP might insist on an appointment to discuss this with you before Level 2 is granted. Level 2 is very helpful for patients who want to take an active role in looking after and monitoring a long term illness or chronic disease.
The practice has the right to deny or remove online access to services for anyone that doesn’t use them responsibly.
NOTE * Your details must be an exact match to those we have on our practice system including mobile telephone numbers and email address's. If your details are not up-to-date on our system then please inform us first.
Click here for more information http://www.patient.co.uk/patient-access.asp
Sharing your records through patient access information leaflet
Click here for frequently asked questions Patient Access Help
Patient Access log in page Log in Here
To download the app for your smart phone click here ttp://www.patient.co.uk/accessapp
If you have any questions about Patient Access, please contact Ann Walker at the surgery on 01772 214690 or email:- firstname.lastname@example.org